Dolores Huerta Foundation Background:
Established in 2003, the DHF’s mission is to inspire
and organize communities to establish volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social
justice. DHF conducts movement-building at the intersection of race, class, sexual orientation,
and socio-economic status to address the harmful and discriminatory practices and abuses faced
by marginalized individuals and families in the San Joaquin Valley.
The Role of the Project Coordinator:
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is looking for a short term
Project Coordinator with outreach and supervisorial experience to implement a two-month
campaign targeting farm working communities.
- Supervise a team of six organizers; host weekly meetings and provide regular updates.
- Daily check in with DHF General Counsel
- Create and implement a comprehensive outreach plan targeting potentially affected
persons and share information regarding the campaign (door to door canvassing, outreach
at public venues, etc. )
- Give presentations to groups of individuals (churches, parent meetings, etc.)
- Assist in the organizing Attorney sponsored town hall meetings (confirm venue, order food,
and other logistics)
- Some media outreach
- Make referrals to designated attorneys
- Assist potential clients with signing attorney documents
- Meet with management team, DHF General Counsel and attorneys on a regular basis
- Ensure daily reporting from the organizers; provide weekly written progress reports to
- Coordinate public events with DHF Leadership and DHF President Dolores Huerta
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
● Reliable transportation; required to travel to multiple locations in Kern, Tulare, Fresno and
● Valid California Driver’s License
● Minimum Liability Auto Insurance
● Organizing, community outreach and/or canvassing experience
● Supervisorial experience
● Able to work evenings and weekends
● Bilingual Spanish/English speaking required
● Public speaking
● Cell phone and GPS
$23/hour, full time, temporary position (June – August 2021). There may be
opportunity for full time employment at the termination of this campaign.
To Apply, send email resume, cover letter, and a minimum of 3 references to:
DHF Human Resources: email@example.com
Include “Project Coordinator” in the subject of your email.
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.