Dolores Huerta Foundation Background
Established in 2003, the DHF’s mission is to inspire and organize communities to establish volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice. DHF conducts movement-building at the intersection of race, class, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status to address the harmful and discriminatory practices and abuses faced by marginalized individuals and families in the San Joaquin Valley. The DHF uses a multi-pronged approach – grassroots organizing, advocacy, leadership development, and a public relations strategy to inform narrative change.
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is looking for an energetic individual to join our Education Team. The DHF seeks to hire an Education Organizer to support DHF’s program to educate, train, organize, and engage community members to participate in school district advocacy and practice community wellness.
1. Provide support to the Education Policy Director with planning and coordination of education programming, projects, and/or campaigns.
2. Develop sustainable partnerships with organizations working on education justice.
3. Maintain analysis and oversight of Local Control Accountability Plans in targeted school districts, including but not limited to: Arvin, Union, Lamont, Vineland, Greenfield Union, Woodlake Unified, Lindsay Unified, Parlier Unified, Sanger Unified, Kern High, Bakersfield City, Mojave Unified, Lancaster Unified, Palmdale Unified, Antelope Valley.
4. Research and compile data including restorative justice, mental health, and school climate to inform and support DHF education program initiatives.
5.. Develop expertise in school climate, parent engagement, and school district policies and practices to support DHF’s advocacy work.
6. Assist with developing student and parent trainings to engage in education advocacy and civic engagement topics
7. Facilitate trainings for parents and other community members on a variety of civic engagement and education curriculum in both Spanish and English.
9. Create content for newsletters and various social media platforms to update community members and partners on our work.
10. Provide weekly written reports to document activities, updates, and results via conference calls and timely updates.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent cultural competency
- Strong collaborator, able to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Experience in providing trainings (preferred)
- 2+ Years’ experience in a community outreach or social justice advocacy (preferred)
- Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish & English (preferred)
- Graduate from an accredited college (Equivalent relevant experience may be substituted)
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft 365 & video conference such as Zoom, Skype, Google Meets
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Dolores Huerta Foundation is proud to offer a variety of benefits to full-time employees and their family:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 75% of Medical Premium paid by DHF
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Accrued Paid Vacation
- Internal learning and development programs
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Human Resources Dolores Huerta Foundation PO Box 2087 Bakersfield, CA 93303 or via email: humanresources @doloreshuerta.org