Dolores Huerta Foundation Background
Established in 2003, the DHF’s mission is to inspire and organize communities to establish volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice. DHF conducts movement-building at the intersection of race, class, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status to address the harmful and discriminatory practices and abuses faced by marginalized individuals and families in the San Joaquin Valley. The DHF uses a multi-pronged approach – grassroots organizing, advocacy, leadership development, and a public relations strategy to inform narrative change.
Civic Engagement Coordinator: Will implement civic and non-partisan voter outreach,
education and mobilization programs (ex. Voter Registration, Census, Schools and Communities First) in
Tulare and Fresno counties. The Civic Engagement Coordinator will oversee voter outreach through
phoning and door-to-door canvassing; canvasser recruitment, training and supervision; and volunteer
recruitment, training and dispatching. Reports to DHF Organizing Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee development and implementation of non-partisan civic and non-partisan voter
engagement programs to support DHF’s base building goals and objectives.
- Develop campaign plans in coordination with DHF Organizing teams as well as regional and
statewide campaign partners.
- Recruitment, training and coordination of a canvassers and volunteers.
- Training of canvassers and volunteers on DHF strategic plan, vision, and values.
- Develop and implement Dispatch Strategy to maximize outreach efforts (precincts and
- Development and preparation of training and outreach materials for canvassers and volunteers.
- Develop “Train the Trainers” curriculum for Organizers.
- Participate in phone and field canvassing to provide necessary feedback and coaching to
- Develop field/data tracking and accountability systems for reporting and data collection.
- Participate in daily debriefings during campaigns.
- Research opportunities for civic engagement in support of DHF’s policy work.
- Troubleshooting and walking with team members to train and improve results.
- Quality control calls to check team results.
- Meeting with DHF team members to review plans and logistics; provide regular reporting for
weekly and monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in DHF fundraising efforts.
- Others tasks as assigned.
Location: Kern, Tulare, Fresno, Antelope Valley, Cal City
Full-time, Non-Exempt Status
75% of Medical Premium paid by DHF
Paid Life Insurance
401(k) with Employer Match
Accrued Paid Vacation
Internal learning and development programs
TO APPLY: Send Resume and 3 References (names and phone numbers) to Kelley Herrera, HR Manager: Humanresources@doloreshuerta.org Email subject: “Civic Engagement Coordinator Applicant”