Stop the spread of Covid-19!
OVERVIEW: Dolores Huerta Foundation (DHF) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and organize communities to build volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Dolores Huerta Foundation seeks Door-to-door Canvassers to work as part of a seasonal campaign team engaging in door to door canvassing in Antelope Valley, Sanger & Fresno County Canvassers will target neighborhoods most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to provide information and resources as well as assist community members by conveniently scheduling online vaccination appointments for those who need them. Spanish speakers are a big plus!
- Must attend a mandatory orientation and training.
- Basic tech skills. Must be able to use apps and enter information on a cell phone and know how to navigate a web browser.
- Must be prepared to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Follow a provided script and relay accurate information to residents.
- Agree to meet the required number of contacts (phoning and/or canvassing) daily
- Punctuality, arrive to canvassing location on designated dates and times ready to canvas. Canvassing includes walking door to door for four hour each shift.
- Ability to read and use maps to follow directions.
- Strong verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong team player.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is required, Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Experience in community outreach and canvassing a plus.
- Reliable transportation is preferred. Canvassers with a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation will be provided with a gas stipend.
- Must reside in the respected regions you are applying for.
SCHEDULE: May 3rd-June 30th, 2021, Monday – Friday 3:30pm – 8:00pm (Occasional Sundays 3:30pm – 8:00pm – Date TBD
*Schedule is not flexible, applicants must be prepared to show up for each shift for the duration of the campaign.
COMPENSATION: $19/hour, $10 gas stipend/day for drivers $3 tech stipend/day for use of cell phones
TO APPLY: Send Resume and 3 References (names and phone numbers) to Kelley Herrera, HR Manager: Humanresources@doloreshuerta.org Email subject: “[County/Region] Canvasser”
End the pandemic in your community now. Be part of the change!!