For our California folks, you can also…
- Tune in to DH’s 90th Virtual Birthday Celebration on Saturday, May 30, 2020. Check out the Facebook event for details coming soon!
- Complete the 2020 Census by mail, online My2020census.gov or by phone. Call 844-330-2020 for English and 844-468-2020 for Spanish 844-468-2020.
- Call on elected representatives to advocate for closure of the detained courts. https://www.aila.org/advo-media/tools/advocacy-action-center#/73
- Show your support for DHF by donating here: Give2DHF.org
- Give the gift of social justice by shopping at our store bit.ly/DHFshop
For our California folks…
- Help us gather and amplify stories about what’s happening to our families and communities right now in the COVID-19 crisis: https://www.endchildpovertyca.org/stories/. We are hearing from policymakers that they need more on-the-ground data from families and communities about how the coronavirus crisis is impacting people. Together we can impact and transform policies.
- Learn about and Vote YES for the Schools and Communities First Initiative on the November Ballot https://www.schoolsandcommunitiesfirst.org/
- Urge Governor Newsom to order a moratorium on expulsions in K-12. Letter Here
- Sign petition to qualify the California Stem Cell Research, Treatment, and Cures Initiative of 2020 in California. Learn more and sign the petition here caforcures.org
- Share the Kern County COVID-19 resource guides at this link https://doloreshuerta.org/dhf-kern-covid-19-resource-list/