Computer Technician Job Description
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: The Dolores Huerta Foundation (DHF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community benefit organization that organizes at the grassroots level, engaging and developing natural leaders. DHF creates leadership opportunities for community organizing, leadership development, civic engagement, and policy advocacy. DHF operates under its mission of “Inspiring and organizing communities to build volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice.”
POSITION: We are seeking a detail-oriented, experienced computer technician to join our fast growing organization. In this position, you will play a key role in supporting all computer, technical, and network implantation and usability for our organization. You will also provide initial new user setup, troubleshoot technical problems, work with the Information Technologies team to swiftly resolve issues, and maintain and update all current programs. This position reports directly to the Information Technology Director.
- Provide all staff with excellent and patient helpdesk support for all technical issues as needed
- Provide assistance and support on computer equipment, printers, software, and other technical issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues and system errors
- Record and document issues and resolutions
- Prepare software, computer setup, and network configuration for new users and maintain current users
- Perform data backups
- Keep systems up-to-date through software and operating systems updates
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
- Collaborate with Information Technologies team to resolve problems
- Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training – preferred.
- 1 year of previous experience in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Familiarity with multiple computer languages (HTML, CSS, Python, Java Script, C++, etc.) – a plus.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), cultural competency, strong listening skills, and humor
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Spanish
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent time management skills
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Full-time, Non-Exempt Status
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Dolores Huerta Foundation, PO Box 2087, Bakersfield, CA 93303 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Include “Computer Technician Position” in the subject of your email.