ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW: The Dolores Huerta Foundation (DHF) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and organize communities to build volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice.
POSITION: As a member of the Leadership Team, Administrator will oversee DHF’s human administrative operations. Administrator will play a critical role in enhancing DHF’s organizational performance as they expand their scope and reach.
- Work closely with DHF’s Bookkeeper and Accountant to manage organization cash flow and forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepare monthly financial reports
- Prepare annual tax preparations and audits.
- Work with Development Department to assure all income has been identified, coded and deposited into bank accounts.
- Work with all and site coordinators to assure all bills and credit card receipts are submitted timely.
- Analyze and present financial reports through Quckbooks in an accurate and timely manner and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans, budgets; monitor progress and changes.
- Oversee grants and financial management reporting system.
- Work with Senior Management to update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; develop / improve administrative and financial policy and procedure manuals.
- Contract management with vendors, negotiate best rates.
- Minimum five years of overall operational management experience.
- Minimum five years QuickBooks experience.
- Ability to generate and analyze reporting for management and various departments.
- Final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues.
- Proven track record in grants management.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, Spanish is a plus.
- Openness to working with LGBTQ and Latino community and demonstrated cultural competency.
- A proactive solutions-oriented approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), strong listening skills, and humor
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Self-motivated, resourceful and creative
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-confidence and self-assurance.
Location: Bakersfield, California
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to:
Dolores Huerta Foundation,
PO Box 2087, Bakersfield, CA 93303
Visit: www.doloreshuerta.org for more information
Include ” Administrator Application” in the subject of your email.