Service Center Coordinator Job Description
ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: The Dolores Huerta Foundation is a non-profit organization inspiring and organizing communities to build volunteer organizations empowered to pursue social justice.
POSITION: The DHF seeks to hire a Service Center Coordinator responsible for setting up and maintaining Vecinos UnidosService Centers in Sanger and Arvin, California to provide needed services and resources such as translation, notary public, expungement applications, and referrals for a low fee.
- Locate and procure appropriate facilities to house Service Centers in areas where Vecinos UnidosChapters are located. Currently in Kern, Tulare, and Fresno Counties.
- Research local services being provided in each area.
- Establish collaborations with local agencies and organizations.
- Establish and coordinate referral networks.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local colleges and high schools.
- Set up service centers in collaboration Vecinos UnidosChapters.
- Establish protocols and procedures for providing services.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to staff the service centers.
- Track and report funds collected on a weekly basis.
- Support and contribute to DHF’s organizing and membership recruitment efforts.
- Utilize DHF’s database and business management software.
- Submit weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- A proactive solutions-oriented approach
- Supervisorial & management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), strong listening skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish & English
- Translation skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, & on-line navigation
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-confidence and self-assurance
- General knowledge of the community
- Ability to work well with and inspire others
- Social work experience preferred
- College education preferred
- Car & insurance
Location: Arvin or Sanger, CA, some commuting to DHF headquarters in Bakersfield.
Full-time, salary beginning at $38,000 per year, non-exempt
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits; Life insurance
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Camila Chávez, Executive Director
Dolores Huerta Foundation, PO Box 2087, Bakersfield, CA 93303
Include “Service Center Coordinator Application” in the subject of your email.