Jobs: Development Director
The DHF seeks to hire a driven and effective Development Director. The Development Director takes direction from and reports to the Executive Director on projects and activities related to fundraising as well as grant writing and tracking. The Development Director will perform administrative duties related to fundraising.
1. Coordinate DHF’s Development Team (Public Relations Associate, Development Associate, and Grant Writer).
2. Develop and execute a fundraising plan to increase contributions from various sources: foundations, individuals, and socially responsible corporations.
3. Plan and manage logistics of all fundraising events, conferences, and special events etc…
4. Leverage events and other opportunities to increase awareness, participation, and fundraising.
5. Ensure that all fundraising events and initiatives are in alignment with DHF’s organizational mission and goals.
6. Cultivate major donors, expand donor base, coordinate solicitations, special appeals, and outreach.
7. Increase the number of individual donors and recurring monthly contributions.
8. Oversee production of all print and virtual public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters, updates, and annual reports.
9. Coach DHF staff and board members to enhance their roles in fundraising.
10. Grants management: oversee proposal writing, reports, and grant compliance.
11. Make timely reports on fundraising progress.
12. Interface with operations staff regarding data management, donor tracking and timely acknowledgements.
● Commitment to social justice.
● Must have at least 3-5 years fundraising experience for non-profits including special events and grant writing.
● Supervising and coaching experience.
● Organizational, project planning, and leadership skills.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with community leaders, board members, prospects, donors, and volunteers.
● Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
● Creativity, drive, enthusiasm and initiative to carry projects to conclusion.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience with Microsoft/OS X computer applications and complementary computer skills.
● Excellent organization and time-management skills.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
● Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
Location: Bakersfield, California
Salary negotiations commensurate with experience.
Medical, dental and vision benefits.
JOIN OUR TEAM! To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 3 references.
Submit your application materials with the subject line Development Director to:
Camila Chávez, Executive Director
Dolores Huerta Foundation
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303
You may also email materials to email@example.com
Or fax to 661-322-3171