Current Opening: Human Resources & Administrative Manager
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Human Resources & Administrative Manager will oversee DHF’s human resources and administrative operations. Human Resources & Administrative Manager will play a critical role in enhancing DHF’s organizational performance as the organization expands their scope and reach.
Human Resources and Administration
- Develop human resources and administration, training and recruiting, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Develop and oversee new staff orientation program.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Review and process payroll on a biweekly basis.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization develops and grows.
- Ensure timely legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource state and federal requirements.
- Provide weekly and monthly written management reports to document activities, updates, and results via conference calls and timely updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with DHF’s Bookkeeper and Accountant to manage organization cash flow and forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepare monthly financial reports, annual tax preparations and audits.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans, budgets; monitor progress and changes.
- Oversee grants and financial management reporting system.
- Work with Senior Management to update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; develop / improve administrative and financial policy and procedure manuals.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA or related degree.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in human resource management
- Experience in working with LGBTQ and Latino community and demonstrated cultural competency.
- Commitment to organization wide training programs that maximize individual and organization goals including best practices in human resources activities.
- Minimum five years of overall operational management experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and to effectively collaborate with- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in grants management.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytical, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, Spanish is a plus.
- A proactive solutions-oriented approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), strong listening skills, and humor
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-confidence and self-assurance
Location: Bakersfield, California
Salary negotiations commensurate with experience, please
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Please send resume, cover letter, 3 references, and preferred salary range to:
Camila Chávez, Executive Director
Dolores Huerta Foundation
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303
OR email@example.com,Fax: 661-322-3171