DHF Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting DHF’s Executive Director (ED) with administrative tasks, logistics and communications. Supports organizational activities, speaking engagements, and communications development. The Executive Assistant will also provide support for the ED with scheduling and calendaring meetings, preparing travel arrangements, coordinating board meetings, and processing expense reports and travel reimbursements.
The Executive Assistant will be directly supervised by the Executive Director.
- Work with Executive Director to manage calendar and email, prepare for meetings and speaking engagements, provide timely response to internal and external requests, assist with general filing, and organize special projects.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for Executive Director and/or President; handling pre and post logistics (travel, reimbursements, follow-up).
- Coordinating travel arrangements for Executive Director and President, as needed.
- Coordination of staff meeting, trainings and planning retreat logistics
- Assist Executive Director and President with internal and external correspondence.
- Correspondence and updates to DHF Board Members, handle logistics for quarterly board meetings.
- Attend organizational and network meetings as needed.
- Work with Executive Director to assist with development of Executive Director’s correspondence and communications as needed.
- Conduct research for Executive Director and administrative team.
- Provide administrative support for DHF programs including scheduling meetings, taking notes, assisting with travel reimbursements, and assembling meeting packets.
- Maintain administrative files, including developing new files and systems.
- Assist with fundraising activities, scheduling donor meetings, and staffing events.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Administrative training required.
Specific Skills/Subject Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and planning skills.
- Ultimate level of professionalism, discretion, maturity, integrity and confidentiality.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong computer skills, including Adobe Acrobat and social media platforms.
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience managing a Director’s calendar, email, and other correspondence.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to apply initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and professionally with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Commitment to DHF’s mission and relevant public policy issues including LGBTQ and Latino community cultural competencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, Spanish a plus.
- Patience and flexibility.
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume, three professional references and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Executive Assistant” in the subject of your email.
Danene L. Aguilar
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls please.