The Deputy Director will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the DHF as well as coordinate training, orientation, and leadership development of staff and volunteers. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director (E.D.) and the senior management team to oversee the development and implementation of DHF’s strategic and operational plans.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operation of the DHF.
- Coordinate training, orientation, and leadership development of staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate and plan regularly scheduled staff and management meetings, department/team meetings, trainings, and retreats.
- Coordinate strategic and operational planning in conjunction with DHF’s planning consultant, staff and board.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to maximize program results and effectiveness across all departments and organizational teams.
- Provide support to department managers and team leads to ensure implementation of organizational and departmental operational plans;
- Provide regular oversight to ensure actualization of goals, performance and accountability measurements, and reporting systems.
- Oversee implementation of programs, grant compliance, budgeting, and reporting.
- Assist managers with the evaluation of team members.
- Serves as mentor, coach, and guide to management staff.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps based on individual staff evaluations in conjunction with their supervisor.
- Participate in DHF’s fundraising efforts.
- Other tasks as assigned by the E.D.
- Minimum of four years in a senior management roles including staff supervision, fundraising or finance, preferably, in a nonprofit, business or government agency
- Success supervising and mentoring staff and supporting professional leadership development.
- Expertise in the operational and strategic planning process developed by Patrick Below
- Minimum one year experience as a community or labor organizer
- BA or BS from four year university, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details and with experience as a spokesperson who can articulate messages to different audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)
Location: Bakersfield, California
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume, three professional references and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, via email to email@example.com. Include “Deputy Director” in the subject of your email.
Danene L. Aguilar
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls please.